Tuesday, August 2, 2011

claw changes, buttons, prints, and other recent stuff

It's probably about time for me to officially give up on the fiction of regular weekly posts on Sundays.  It's just not gonna happen.  My production schedule is just too variable.

So, anyway, The price structure for the claws has changed a bit with the addition of the painted finish.


the shiny finish has gone up a bit in price, and the brushed has come down.  All the adjustments are to account for the actual amount of work that goes in to the claws.

Buttons have started showing up in the shops, soon to be followed by more prints, and I'm starting to pay a bit more attention over at the Etsy shop again.  I'm going to take a moment to be brutally honest, here:  I don't really like Etsy.  I dislike the pricing structure.  I dislike the way Etsy doesn't want you to admit you might have other online sales channels, and the way the admins are actively hostile toward any kind of negative comment (even when it's about someone  blatantly breaking rules).  I especially dislike that you have to constantly pay to renew listings just to avoid getting kicked to the back of the line in search results.  I like Artfire much more, with the straightforward pricing, the ability to link out to all your other sales channels (including Etsy), and search results that don't involve extortion.  Unfortunately, Etsy is the site that everyone's heard of, so I kind of have to work with it.
That being said, I'm starting to duplicate more of my listings into the Etsy shop.  I'm probably still going to focus my marketing efforts on Artfire, and then also my own site (if I ever manage to get direct sales set up).
Speaking of my main site, there will probably be some tweaks in the coming days, while I try to make things more friendly to more browsers (even browsers I don't like :)  )

That's it for now.  I think next time I might discuss my shady past, and the way it's recently come back to surprise me (in a positive way).

No comments:

Post a Comment