Sunday, June 26, 2011

Short post

The tail end of a 2-week vacation is not really the best time for me to wax philosophical about location and aesthetics.  I'm kind of tired, and need a few days to recover and organize my thoughts.  Instead I'll leave you with a few pictures and some news.  Please note that my phone is the only camera I had with me on this trip.

First, this is my homeland:
from the scenic overlook on 360 south of the river
If you look closely, you can see the Austin skyline out beyond the hills.  My part of Texas is NOT flat.

Next we have pictures of my display in the Apollocon art show, just after setup.  The lighting didn't acutally suck quite as bad as the pictures look.  It required 4 frames to capture it all, from left to right:





As for the news:  I managed to sell 2 pendants and a hair pin, to complete strangers, even.  So if you were thinking about Pacific Rim, or Gas Giant #2, sorry, you missed them.

The next post will probably contain more pictures of my homeland, and possibly a discussion of art & place.

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment