The "Spirit of Fire" firebird was finished on Wednesday. It was a royal pain and a learning experience, but it's done. It took approximately 6 firings
I also have a whole series of pics of most of the process, but I'm still sorting those out. So, for next week, we'll have process pics, and probably "Spirit of Water" as well. That one's currently in the "fugly" stage, and I expect to have it done in another day's work.
I'm currently venturing into bookbinding for a school project, and that's been interesting. My art business class requires us to have 2 portfolio books to show at the end of the quarter (a little more than a week from now), one big fancy book (for meetings with shops, galleries and clients), and one leave-behind book (to leave with those shops, etc. so they'll remember you). I'm making the big portfolio from scratch, and playing with a couple of ideas for the leave-behind. Since I'm running with copper, silver, and purple for my main colors it's been interesting to try to get the right balance and not go over the edge into gaudy. I've got several options for the less-elaborate leave-behind portfolio. There's the standard black vinyl with permanently bound-in page protectors, the 3-ring binder, the paper or plastic presentation folder with brads, and professional binding (which is expensive). But, I found, in Office Depot, a form of spiral comb-binding that doesn't require a special machine to work the comb. I'm thinking to try that in letter and half-letter size, just to see what it looks like. I've also got a few of the standard black variety in case the experiment looks odd or otherwise doesn't work.
Sheesh. An artist's work is never done.