Pretty much the first of anything I make is reserved for my personal use, so I can see how it holds up to wear, and if there are any further engineering/durability problems that need solving. I've been wearing the leaf comb for a week now, and have come to the conclusion that the plastic comb I had the leaves mounted to was an utter piece of crap. I started out with 7 tines, and now I'm down to 3. I've ordered some metal combs that will hopefully hold up better. Also, I made them of slightly-too-thin metal, so the enamel has some cracks in it. I'm bumping them up to 22-gauge for the next set.
In somewhat cautiously positive news, I think I've found some retail outlets for my work. 1) A boutique up on Phinney Ridge, near the zoo, has expressed interest in trying the leaves on consignment (Yay!), and I think that the focus on hand-mades there will do well for my stuff. 2) My favorite coffee shop (Wayward in Greenwood) also shows/sells art, but it's mostly 2-d hangable stuff, so I didn't really think about it as a venue. Apparently I was wrong, as when I was in there on Friday, the owner expressed enthusiastic interest in my stuff. Also, I know the clientele there, and it would put some of my more geeky work in front of more geeky people (folks like me!). The practical upshot of all this is that I need to get a *LOT* of production done this week with the new engineering, as I want to have enough pieces to start negotiating with by Friday.